SMIL (pronounced “smile”) stands for “Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language” and defines scheduling (“synchronized”), video, audio, images, text (“multimedia”), multi-zone screen layout (“integration”) in an XML-based text file format (“language”). It is an open specification (royalty-free to use) created by the World-Wide Web Consortium, the same organization responsible for defining the HTML language, an open standard for the Internet. Products that utilize SMIL are available from leading companies such as Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, and Real Networks.
Articles in this section
- OAutho 2.0 - Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant
- Creating customized widget for SignApps Express
- How to use network notification feature of IAdea Android players?
- How to implement 'remote screenshot' feature in SMIL script?
- REST API tutorial
- SMIL Developer Tutorial
- How do I create customized HTML5 widget for IAdea Web Appliances?
- How do I playback HTML5 video in XMP-3x50 series?
- How can I refresh my webpage in a given interval?