SMIL (pronounced “smile”) stands for “Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language” and defines scheduling (“synchronized”), video, audio, images, text (“multimedia”), multi-zone screen layout (“integration”) in an XML-based text file format (“language”). It is an open specification (royalty-free to use) created by the World-Wide Web Consortium, the same organization responsible for defining the HTML language, an open standard for the Internet. Products that utilize SMIL are available from leading companies such as Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, and Real Networks.
Articles in this section
- Installing a credential file in player
- How to relax Content Security Policy when using REST-API?
- How can I remote access the browser in IAdea player for debugging?
- OAutho 2.0 - Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant
- Creating customized widget for SignApps Express
- How to implement 'Remote Firmware Update" in SMIL script?
- How to use network notification feature of IAdea Android players?
- How to implement 'remote screenshot' feature in SMIL script?
- REST API tutorial