Digital signage deals with scheduling multimedia files for playback on digital displays connected on an IP network. The industry has roots tracing back for a few decades, but has recently expanded rapidly due to the proliferation of low-cost flat panel displays that are easy to install and maintain in public space. As the market expands out of the “emerging” status, mainstream customers demand compatibility and interoperability among products from different vendors. SMIL appears to be an ideal technology to answer the needs of the industry.
Articles in this section
- Installing a credential file in player
- How can I remote access the browser in IAdea player for debugging?
- OAutho 2.0 - Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant
- Creating customized widget for SignApps Express
- How to implement 'Remote Firmware Update" in SMIL script?
- How to use network notification feature of IAdea Android players?
- How to implement 'remote screenshot' feature in SMIL script?
- REST API tutorial
- SMIL Developer Tutorial