Digital signage deals with scheduling multimedia files for playback on digital displays connected on an IP network. The industry has roots tracing back for a few decades, but has recently expanded rapidly due to the proliferation of low-cost flat panel displays that are easy to install and maintain in public space. As the market expands out of the “emerging” status, mainstream customers demand compatibility and interoperability among products from different vendors. SMIL appears to be an ideal technology to answer the needs of the industry.
Articles in this section
- OAutho 2.0 - Resource Owner Password Credentials Grant
- Creating customized widget for SignApps Express
- How to use network notification feature of IAdea Android players?
- How to implement 'remote screenshot' feature in SMIL script?
- REST API tutorial
- SMIL Developer Tutorial
- How do I create customized HTML5 widget for IAdea Web Appliances?
- How do I playback HTML5 video in XMP-3x50 series?
- How can I refresh my webpage in a given interval?