If you are experiencing an issue or “No Range” when connecting your DIRECTV Model H24-700 cable box into our XMP-6400, the solution is to change the output resolution using DIRECTV box’s front panel button instead of using the remote control.
Follow the following instructions to configure the DIRECTV box:
- Connect DirectTV box to XMP-6400’s input.
- Press 2 times on the RES button, then wait for 5 seconds.
- If it still shows “Out of Range”, then repeat “step b” until you see an image show up on the screen.
The DIRECTV box outputs a 480i resolution by default (which is not support by our XMP-6400). You will need to connect it to a screen, then switch the resolution to 720p by pressing the “RES” button on the front panel. You will see the screen shows 720p, then you can connect it to our media player:
Here are some strange behaviors to look out for when using the DIRECTV box:
- The DIRECTV box will lose its setting once you unplug the power, so if you move the box to another location, you will need to reconfigure the resolution again.
- The front panel “RES” button is very difficult to use. There is no LED light indicator (circled in below) to signify which resolution is selected. If you connect the DIRECTV box directly to the XMP-6400 and then select the resolution, remember to press “RES” button 2 times (like mouse double click) to switch resolution. The first press will show current resolution, and the second press will change to next resolution. Switching the resolution will take about 5 seconds to take effect.
Although configuring the resolution through the cable box settings using the remote does not work, we suggest to configure the setting to only activate 720p.
Another way to confirm is to check your TV or monitor for the input resolution. Here, the box is configured to activate 720p resolution using the box's internal settings. However, we can see that the monitor is receiving a resolution of 480i from the DIRECTV box.