If you are experiencing an issue or “Out of Range” when connecting your DIRECTV Model H24-700 cable box into our XMP-6400, the solution is to change the output resolution using DIRECTV box’s front panel button instead of using the remote control.
Follow the following instructions to configure the DIRECTV H24-700 box:
- Connect DirectTV box to XMP-6400’s input.
- Press 2 times on the RES button, then wait for 5 seconds.
- If it still shows “Out of Range”, then repeat “step b” until you see an image show up on the screen.
The DIRECTV box outputs a 480i resolution by default (which is not support by our XMP-6400). You will need to connect it to a screen, then switch the resolution to 720p by pressing the “RES” button on the front panel. You will see the screen shows 720p, then you can connect it to our media player:
Here are some strange behaviors to look out for when using the DIRECTV box:
- The DIRECTV box will lose its setting once you unplug the power, so if you move the box to another location, you will need to reconfigure the resolution again.
- The front panel “RES” button is very difficult to use. There is no LED light indicator (circled in below) to signify which resolution is selected. If you connect the DIRECTV box directly to the XMP-6400 and then select the resolution, remember to press “RES” button 2 times (like mouse double click) to switch resolution. The first press will show current resolution, and the second press will change to next resolution. Switching the resolution will take about 5 seconds to take effect.
Although configuring the resolution through the cable box settings using the remote does not work, we suggest to configure the setting to only activate 720p.
Another way to confirm is to check your TV or monitor for the input resolution. Here, the box is configured to activate 720p resolution using the box's internal settings. However, we can see that the monitor is receiving a resolution of 480i from the DIRECTV box.
If you are experiencing an issue or “Out of Range” when connecting your DIRECTV Model H25 cable box into our XMP-6400, the solution is to change the output resolution using DIRECTV box’s front panel RES button or using the format button of the remote control.
Follow the following instructions to configure the DIRECTV H25 box:
Problem: The selected resolution is not the actual output resolution!
If you select resolution using remote control or the device buttons to browse through “info & test” -> “Display” -> “TV Resolution” then make a check on the 720p box, this will NOT set the H-25 to 720p!
For example, if you look at the image below, the yellow circle shows the actual resolution from HDMI1 (e.g. 480pH) while the menu is already selected to 720p (e.g red circle).
If you use arrow and select buttons, you will not configure the actual resolution of the H-25:
The right way to configure H-25 to 720p is to use the “Format” button on remote control or the “RES” button on the H-25:
Once you click those buttons, it will loop you through the resolution and you will see a resolution info pop-up on screen (e.g. in photo below, both screen resolution and H-25 resolution are matching)
Then you can connect the H-25 to XMP-6400: